Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things about me

Me and My Sweet Girls


I got tagged on facebook but I thought this would be interesting to put on my blog too. I am not one to write about myself. I do not like the attention and hate any type of attention drawn personally to myself. Anyway, with some prodding from my cuz I joined facebook a couple of months ago. It has been fun and exciting to meet long lost friends again and reconnect with them.

Here are 25 random things about me.

What I forgot to include is the reoccurring nightmare I experience when I left Isaac's Winnie the Pooh blanket on the plane. (It was in a plastic bag in the overhead bin along with an outfit because he threw up all over it coming home from Maryland) I tried everything in my power to get it back but to no avail Southwest Airlines was able to track it down. I really am traumatized and feel awful about it.

We are moving this month and I will definitely miss Cali. My ward and friends especially. The ocean being so close. The weather, of course. And the wonderful exciting places I was able to visit. California is a beautiful State! However we didn't make it to Sea World or San Diego zoo.

1. I thought turning 30 would mean that I would finally feel grown up. I now realize that I will never grow up. I will always remain my same crazy goofy self.

2. My husband wonders what I did the first 25 years without him. I did fine. I just managed things differently.

3. I thought I really enjoyed old movies until I married someone who REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoys old movies.

4. I love my sisters! They are an inspiration in my life. I have the best family in the world.

5. I really think my grandparents left me with the greatest legacy possible. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful cousins.

6. I talk to my mom almost everyday. I need the support with the three wee widdle ones.

7. I am going to miss my friend Cate when I move. I really hope she comes up and sees me.

8. My sister and I always dreamed of running an orphanage in England when we were younger. Now that orphanage would be full of all of our own children. :)

9. I always thought I wanted to live in Vermont (with all that snow! inspired by White Christmas) until I moved to Buffalo, NY. That was cold enough with that negative windchill. Plus there was no Danny Kaye or Bing to sing with. It was a beautiful green in the summer.

10. I am a good cook as long as I don't get distracted.

11. I love the sound and the smell of rain. It makes me so happy! I love the rain you hear on your rooftop at night when you are all snuggled up in bed.

12. I would love to go to Europe! I would especially like to visit England. Maybe I will just move there and raise some sheep in Scotland on the moor.

13. My favorite getaway is a remote tropical island with picturesque beaches faraway from tourist traps!

14. I am so grateful that my father works for the airlines and has given my the opportunity to travel to different places. Even if its just traveling to Utah and visiting family.

15. I am so happy that I was able to listen to Julie B. Beck last Saturday at my stake center. She is truly an inspiration! I hope I can be a better mother and woman.

16. I wish Cesily didn't live so far away!

17. I keep my cupboards stocked with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Hello, what is a pantry with out those two staples.

18. I love hearing ocean waves crash on the beach or staring out into the sea. It is so therapeutic. It really makes you think about the BIG perspective!

19. I wish I got more sleep at night. I wish I was one of those people who went right to sleep the second their head hit the pillow, slept through children crying and woke up feeling fully rejuvenated at 7 AM.

20. I really do think patience is a virtue. I wish I had more of it. I would truly be a miracle worker.

21. I love my children! They bring such a joy to my life. I love hearing Isaac's laugh. Lillie's cackle and seeing Ari's smile with Rock Star stick up hair.

22. I am sporting the worst hair cut I have gotten in my entire life! I haven't gotten my hair recut because I want to grow it out. Even sporting the curly do, it still looks really bad.

23. I believe laughing is the best remedy!

24. I have truly enjoyed finding lost friends on facebook.

25. I don't like people that don't clean up after their dog.

3 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ooooo yes! Marshmallows and chocolate chips for chocolate chip rice crispy treats!!! I'm so excited for your move back here!!! You, me and Angela should get together!!!! I miss you guys!!

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed learning more about you Jess! Thank you for sharing! I will be posting 25 things on my blog soon too!

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Jodi from pre-school. We miss you!!! I'm sure you're busy but I just wanted to make sure you guys are ok, and your move went good.

P.S. - i like your blog :)