Friday, December 5, 2008

Putting on 3year old shoes


Yesterday morning, Isaac and I had the opportunity to attend preschool together. Isaac's job was to have fun and enjoy every opportunity that came along that day in 3 year old form. My job was to try ( I emphasize on try) to help Isaac, his fellow classmates and teacher enjoy an unstressful, uneventful day in the classroom filled with fun. As I was working in the classroom, I was guided to think about several things. 1) I sometimes don't take the time to really sit back and observe about what in the world is going on around me. Motherhood sometimes overwhelms me and I am sometimes completely lost in my own bubble called ... My LIFE (survival mode). I am not going to make excuses. 2) I really have got to brush up on my teaching skills. I taught preschool a long time ago and was very good at it. For some reason all those skills that I once had have become very rusty. I know that if I helped out in the classroom consistently I would get them back. 3) From Teacher to Me and my son: If you guide him back to his chair by his shoulders rather than pulling him by his hand he will feel that he is doing the walking. I used to know that! 4) I sometimes get overwhelmed at the things that my son can't or won't do rather than thinking about all the wonderful things that he can do. What an amazing gift! I am thankful for the opportunity that I was able to observe and watch my son without too many interruptions and remember what it was like to be three. He is so easy going and happy. As I watched him play outside I was so proud of him and so proud that he was my son.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Awww....I love this post. We all forget sometimes and it's nice to be reminded. I will have to try out the "shoulder guide".

Also, I found a little yellow bootie tucked under my living room rug, and I'm pretty sure it's Ari's. Can you email me your address, and I will slip it in with your Christmas card?

Thanks so much for visiting.....we loved it!

Cate said...

I thought you were going to blog about trying to get IZ's shoes on... Chad keeps joking that he's going to film me trying to dress Kelsey someday - think greased pig...

Davenport family said...

I definately have got two greased pigs. Must post that!