Friday, December 12, 2008

December Daze!

Arianne trying out her first smiles in front of the camera. Daddy is doing the taking!
We had the Meyrings over for a little while last week which was great fun. Isaac and Kelsey play really good together. Collin and Kelsey love Lillie and think of her as there little sister so I didn't have to play referee that much. Maybe five is the magic number! Kelsey came to us wearing the most outrageous outfit.. She wore Collin's shoes and socks, a ballet tutu, and princess shoulder pads on her arms complete with chopsticks in her hair. What am I in for when Lillie and Ari get this big. I am already having a hard time keeping Lillie outfitted with her diaper intact during the night and at naptime. Could this possibly be the beginning?
The children watching Rudolph this lasted for the first 15 minutes before Mike got out the popcorn.
I am falling behind in my posts.. I have felt this week has been truly crazy and that we have had a million things going on. Well, maybe not a million but a lot of things needed attention this week.
Last Saturday, Isaac had his Christmas program for his preschool. We dressed him up in church dress so that he would be a star in his first debut on stage. Isaac and his class did three songs.. Sesame Street (Sesame Street, Sesame Street I want to live on Sesame Street with Big Bird, followed by Count Dracula 1-2-3!, Sleeping Elmo, and Cookie Monster),
Two Hand up and Two hands down, and Jingle Bells. My son knows the words to the songs but refuses to sing. If you sing to him he will fill in the blanks when you pause. He will however do all the actions. Jingle bells was a hit! Each child was given their own jingle bell to ring and boy did they know how to use those jingle bells. I just wish the audience was much more curteous.
Isaac with his preschool class and his teacher

I love this pic of him! I took it right before he performed..Stagefright?

1 comment:

Cate said...

Hey, what are you talkin about?? I picked out that outfit for Kelsey - I thought the elbow pads and tutu really worked for her :)
You learn to just not fight it - especially when you're just going to your best friends house...