Monday, October 20, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa come for a visit

Ari with Grandma and Grandpa Davenport. I really wanted to get a picture of them together and with the children but it never happened. Oh well.. There's always Christmas.

We were so excited to have Mike's parents come visit us for a whole week from Maryland. They arrived on the 11th and were happy to meet the new arrival. We were able to actually go and do several fun things while packing along three small children. I feel very grounded having three.. I don't know when the time will arrive that I will be able to take all three children alone and feel that I am in control as a mother. Picking up Isaac from preschool, walking in with a newborn and 1 year old to sing closing circle songs, shooing Isaac out the door and trying to hold his hand while carrying Lillie and Ari in her carseat at the same time and walk across street without Isaac being hit by a car is about enough for me. I usually feel on top of things.. but I don't know if I will ever feel on top for a long time.

Anyway.. Mike's parents were alot of help. Isaac enjoyed getting them up at 5:30 am rather than us. They helped cook and clean up after the children. They took them on long walks. I was able to have several breaks from all those "Mommy" moments. I even caught up on some sleep and took a few uninterrupted luxerious baths. I cried when they left. I wish they lived closer.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Jessica you are amazing!!! You need to give yourself more credit!!! Feeding, bathing, clothing, and playing with 3 kids is a tough job & will definitely keep your hands full!!! I am amazed that you are already out and about? I didn't become mobile with Davis until a few weeks ago and I only have 1 not 3!!! You are doing a great job!!! Ari is adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!