Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Huntington Library and Gardens

An Outing Finally... Mike was out of town for a whole week and several days the previous week in August. There are just a few things that being as huge as I am and with my children so young I can do on my own. Target, Park, tot lot, walks, stores, this I can do. Fun, away from home excursions I need Mike to help out.

There are still so many places I want to visit while we live here in California. Many of them I know that we won't make it to but it is fun to dream. Some of the places that I would love to take the children to before this next baby is due are the Long Beach Aquarium, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, LA Zoo, and the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens. As you well know.. I am running out of time and most of these places won't be happening for awhile. However, I finally persuaded Mike to consider and excursion to the Huntington Library. Sometimes.. you just need to experience some culture in mommy world even if the children don't last too long. And of course we spent more time in the Botanical Gardens than we did in the Library studying art, books, and furniture but the experience was well worth it. I told Mike that I would love to go back and experience the Library without the children. His reply was "Maybe in 25 years." Ha! Ha! I didn't think it was too funny.


Isaac running towards the fountain in the children's Garden
Lillie, Mike and Isaac looking at gigantic Koi fish


Lillie pointing out a fish in the rain forest of the Botanical gardens.



Lillie cooling off in the children's botanical garden. This was the kids favorite spot... it had water. It had water in fountains that you could play in, it sprayed water from sprinklers, it also had a little stream with rocks that the kids could play in. It was funny to watch most of these soaked kids leave the garden and overhear their parents wonder if they would be able to see anymore of the Library because they did not bring an extra change of clothing.

My Boy Isaac.

He did not want to pose for the camera for mommy but he smiled big for daddy when he took this picture. Oh well, Atleast he is standing still and smiling.


Lillie walking through the children's arbor

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Jessica you have the cutest little family!!! That place looks beautiful and fun for the kids!!! You are amazing for taking the kids there when you are so pregnant!!!