Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Rainy Month of May

May has been a busy month at the Davenport household, without mentioning the doctor and dental appointments and the never ending projects in the house and yard. My ward has finally decided to put me to work as a substitute primary chorister. This I have never done and wish that all my other friends in many of the previous wards could bestow some of their talent. (my sis, Emily, Becky, Beth, and Ang) It has really made me want to get a piano for my blank front room. We will see. I don't know how much junk I can talk Mike into getting, not that a piano is junk. But the one that we could afford at the moment would not be 25,000 that's for sure. Anyway, speaking of junk. Lately my favorite past time is going on KSL classifieds. And I have talked Mike into getting some pretty good junk. We have been looking into buying Lillie a bed for awhile. I was hoping to get her a trundle on the Costco website but still it was a little more than we could afford at the moment. So I decided to settle for this set.


It came with the desk, a tea pot light fixture, and some other fun things to spice up this little girls room that only consisted of elephant pink walls. I don't know who was more excited the little girl or her mommy.
We were also lucky enough to be invited to go to the aquarium with Aunt Joanne, Grandma, and Aunt Carolyn. The children loved it and Lillie keeps on asking when can we go back and visit the fish. Claire stayed home with Mike. Having three extra adults and three children was a real treat for me. I really enjoyed the outing.
Isaac trying to explain about the fish he sees in the aquarium. Ari's new and official camera smile. Or maybe she is just trying to imitate the fish.


Sweet Little girl.



Isaac is always refering himself as a Daddy sea serpent, especially when it comes to taking hime out of the bathtub. I now understand that he would be one of those underwater sea creatures that you would probably never see because he would be hiding in rock and crevises. This child could probaby have stayed all day in his hiding place.


Yes.. who doesn't enjoy the stingrays!


Mike is a man of many talents. He put this little playhouse up for the kids in a matter of days.
All the children enjoy their new playhouse and are looking forward to getting the swingset soon.

With a fabulous job on the playhouse we have to go professional on the roof. :)
Our neighbors even remarked--"They sure went all out on that playhouse they even hired a professional roofer."
I just missed my dad by 5 min. He was up there putting the drip edge. Gordon is pictured here. And the kids love Gordon.


5 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow it looks like you have had a fun month!!! I have never been to the aquarium, but it sure looks awesome!!!

Jennifer said...

That is a great playhouse set you created!! I am excited to see the swings when you get them done too. Lucky kids!! I also think that bedroom set was such a great find. So cute!! Way to shop my friend. :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

How fun! That playground looks awesome! And seriously, KSL is the devil--an online garage sale, I could spend way too much moo-lah! :)

cvtippetts said...

Your kids are adorable! I love the new beds! Wow your girls are going to have a delightfully decorated room. Can't wait to see you next week!
Love, C

Cristi Lou said...

Wow very impressive all the work that you are doing on the yard for the kids. I love KSL too. We've found some great things there.